Tuesday 30 April 2013

Chilly Evening Warwick

Today was sunny and relatively warm, so I was looking forward to an evening's shooting. Again, the evening's round was a Warwick, dictated by the time of sunset. However, that chilly easterly wind was back with a vengeance to cool the extremities.

The Warwick round is two dozen arrows at each of 60yds and 50yds, so you barely have chance to settle into your stride before changing distance. Although I did have a sight mark for 50yds, the change in distance produced a dip in score, which didn't get any better in the last dozen.

Scores apart, I felt relatively settled and had some reasonable groupings on some ends, but with the odd outlier bringing the totals down somewhat. At the end of the round I was pleasantly surprised to find that I had chalked-up another PB, 46 points higher than my previous best. It was also a PB in terms of handicap, so that should bring my running handicap down somewhat, too.

It was still light on the drive home so I suspect that there will be some longer evening rounds in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment