Tuesday 15 January 2013

T-11 Days

In less than two weeks I begin the process of becoming an archer by starting a beginners course run by my local club.  I am a complete beginner, having only had a couple of have-a-go sessions, but I do have the benefit of two other family members who started archery last spring.  My son, being under 18, needs parental supervision and I often join him and my wife at the club so that she can shoot without distraction, or if she is not shooting at all.  I may not be able to handle a bow yet, but I do know how to score!

So why the blog?

I am hoping that by documenting my progress as much as possible, those little nuggets of information passed on by the coaches will not get lost in my increasingly-flaky memory.  By making the blog public perhaps some of those nuggets may benefit others who are to tread the same path.  There will be times when I find something difficult or simply do not 'get it', and maybe a reader can offer words of advice or encouragement.
As I (hopefully) improve I will post about the types of round I shoot and my scores - good or bad.  When the time comes to get my own equipment I will tell you about that, too.  My posts are likely to be fairly short but I hope to keep them regular.



1 comment:

  1. Great blog Mark - keep it coming - can't wait for the next installment.

    ReplyDelete